Exporting contacts from your email provider
We understand not all firms are big enough to warrant having fully-fledged client relationship management (CRM) software in place, and that some firms will have their clients’ details scattered throughout different email folders and files.
For guides on how to export client contacts from Gmail or Outlook email services, click on the following links:
Cleaning your database
Once you’ve exported these lists, you can easily create your CSV file by following the steps below:
- Manually clear all contacts who are not clients
- We recommend that you request feedback from all clients you’ve used in the past year.
- You may invite clients from the past 3 years, however clients older than one year are less likely to be engaged.
- Format your list using this template, or manually using the columns below
- First name
- Last name
Saving as CSV
If you have not done so already, follow these steps to save your excel document as a CSV file:
- Click ‘File’
- Click ‘Save as’
- Select the folder to which you would like to save your CSV file
- Click on the drop down menu ‘Save as type:’ below the ‘File name:’ field
- Select ‘CSV (Comma delimited)’
- Click Save